Thursday, September 3, 2009

Self-Evaluation

It is often hard to look at yourself and pin point your flaws. I figure that in order to make a change in my flaws I must acknowledge what they are first. No one is perfect, including me. No matter how right I think I am or how stubborn I may get, I still have weaknesses in my own personality... including my stubbornness.

I have recently been noticing these imperfections within myself. I don't dwell on them all day but I do know that they reside in me. I am stubborn, over-analytical, critical and anal but I can also be forgiving, open-minded, loving and compliant. Why do the soft features sometimes get overlooked and the perceptions of who I am and what I am all about is represented by harsh features? I thought it was your actions that speak louder than words, not your facial expressions.

I want to change my "flaws" and I want to be better but can someone really change who they are? I know I was probably not born stubborn but how do I undo what I have already lived? I will try to be more accepting and less critical of those around me because I know it takes a toll on my friendships, relationship and family bonds. Even though I may sounds judgmental, I may be thinking a completely different thing. I guess I am the only one who knows how I truly feel about any certain subject. Some people may like the fact that I am harsh and straight to the point. I guess life kicks your ass sometimes and I guess it's how I deal with these situations that will lead to happiness with myself and others.
<3

No comments: