Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Sprinkles Discovery

I arrived at work today like any other day. Watched phones in the morning, stuffed mail envelopes, inputted computer info, and did a trial exhibit but surprisingly I get a cupcake. Cindy, our youngest attorney in the office, turns the corner at high speeds and has this brown box in her hands. Hmmmmmm.... it was a Sprinkles box! I have always heard of this so-called "Sprinkles" place and I thought it was too high class for me but Cindy was nice enough to give me one her leftover birthday cupcakes (only special people got one). I picked out the only red velvet one (pictured) in the batch and thanked her and then she was gone in a flash to give the other "special" people their lovely gift. I wanted to wait and eat mine considering it was only about 9am but then I thought ehh I can have a sugar rush instead of a caffeine rush. What's the difference right? Let me tell you... that was the best use of calories and sugar in a baked good. The cupcake was amazing! By the looks of this red velvet mini cake you would think it would be pasty or something because in a way the cake looks fake as if it were too good to be true but the aroma of the sweet cream cheese frosting and the soft, moist chocolate cake with the hint of red was hard to resist. Once you get about half way through the cake your stomach tells you to stop. Literally, stop! Sprinkles makes rich cupcakes, so I just saved the other half for later. =]

So... all this got me thinking about how amazing cupcakes really are. Some of you may be thinking, what is so special about a cupcake? Cupcakes are magnificent little pieces of art. I look at cupcakes like snowflakes, there is not a single one that looks the same. They may have the same design but there are differences. All this cupcake talk/thinking made me think about the upcoming special occasions in my life and I have decided that I want some form of cupcake wedding cake for my wedding! They are beautiful and it makes it easier to serve them and have multiple flavors of cake. It would be wonderful. Here are a few examples:
Your traditional type of wedding cupcake tier which is beautiful.

A whole bunch of individual looking cakes.


My favorite!!! This would be something at my wedding but with more pastel colors.


Considering the fact that my wedding is at least five years away I'm sure my mind will change and new trends will come in and out but this is what is adorable and the winner of 2008.
Happy Birthday Cindy and thanks for the Sprinkles!

No comments: