Monday, July 21, 2008

Five years, three months.

Okay super cheesy.... but today is my five year and three month anniversary with Mike. Ha! Remember back to junior high or high school and couples would count the months (or even weeks for that matter) they had been together. Mike and I stopped counting months a long time ago but I still look at the calendar on the 21st of every month and think about it. It is a routine for me. I have trained my brain to think that way on the 21st. Weird, I know. Somehow I feel a little sensation when we have "reached" a new month and furthered our relationship. It feels good to hit little milestones.

At work this morning I told one of my co-workers, Karen, that today was the big "5 and 3" jokingly and she brought up the fact that if I am 34 years old and still with Mike we can say that we have been together for twenty years. That sounds so strange but it's true. Awkwardly enough I think that's pretty cool. I have always wanted to grow old with some one and reach my fiftieth wedding anniversary or something like that. Like in The Wedding Singer... I want to be that old lady paying some kid with meatballs and singing to my husband when I am like eighty. That would be awesome...

old lady with grooves. That will be me ;)

No comments: