Wow. Where do I even begin? Violation is a good start. My grandma woke up this past Sunday morning to find herself puzzled as she looked at her living room curtains. She always closes them before she goes to bed and did so Saturday night as well. As soon as she saw them open it was an instant shot to the nerves. Saturday night or early Sunday morning a burglar, or burglars, broke into my grandmother’s home and stole all the money in her wallet (about eighty dollars), her flat-paneled TV, and her 2001 gold Ford Taurus out of the garage. Shock; I know. I felt it. I couldn’t even imagine how my grandma felt. I talked to her Sunday morning and she seemed as if nothing happened. My grandma always has this calm demeanor about her, as if her day is going as planned. That Sunday was not going as planned and yet this poised woman speaking to me on the other line over two thousand miles away was holding herself together quite well.
When I got my car stolen a little over a year ago, I felt like the world had ended. Given the fact that I was only eighteen (yes teenagers do tend to focus on themselves) my car was my world. That feeling was just a piece of what happened in Illinois. Breaking and entering seems so figurative until it actually happens to you or someone you know. My grandma hasn’t had a good nights rest since the incident and has her son’s dog staying with her for a couple of weeks to take care of her. She told me if she wakes up in the middle of the night she feels for Jill, my uncle’s beautiful black Labrador, and makes sure she is still snoring next to her then tries to fall into sleep. It still amazes me every time I think about some one entering my grandma’s house. How can any person do that to another? I am so thankful my grandma did not wake up for we don’t know what could or would have happened if the criminal was confronted. I am so glad my grandma is safe and untouched. Cars and TVs are just possessions and can be replaced and will be. The only thing you can do is hope it doesn’t happen again. I give my grandmother props for all she has been through and staying strong through it.
When I got my car stolen a little over a year ago, I felt like the world had ended. Given the fact that I was only eighteen (yes teenagers do tend to focus on themselves) my car was my world. That feeling was just a piece of what happened in Illinois. Breaking and entering seems so figurative until it actually happens to you or someone you know. My grandma hasn’t had a good nights rest since the incident and has her son’s dog staying with her for a couple of weeks to take care of her. She told me if she wakes up in the middle of the night she feels for Jill, my uncle’s beautiful black Labrador, and makes sure she is still snoring next to her then tries to fall into sleep. It still amazes me every time I think about some one entering my grandma’s house. How can any person do that to another? I am so thankful my grandma did not wake up for we don’t know what could or would have happened if the criminal was confronted. I am so glad my grandma is safe and untouched. Cars and TVs are just possessions and can be replaced and will be. The only thing you can do is hope it doesn’t happen again. I give my grandmother props for all she has been through and staying strong through it.
Jill, the watch dog.
My beautiful, fun spirited grandma.
I love you gram.



No comments:
Post a Comment