Wednesday, July 16, 2008

It's not proper for a grandma to jingle...

I have come to realize that there are too many individuals I care for who I don't get to see as often as I should. The hour long telephone conversation with my grandmother is something to look forward to every week but is it really enough? My grandmother and I went from working together five days a week, and spending at least one of the weekend days together either catching a movie, doing laundry, or brunching at Mimi's cafe. My grandma was and is my best friend. Then all of sudden she moves to Illinois in a blink of an eye, buys a house, and has a great job. I am so proud of the accomplishments this caring and passionate woman has attained and yet I still feel vacant at times because she is not a five minute drive away. Those sixty minutes of sharing stories of the last week is not the same but has to be enough and I know we both hurt and miss one another deeply and hopefully this blog will make it easier for her (and the rest of my family spread all over the country) to keep updated with my life and the people in my life.

The rest of you can read too if you'd like. ;)

So here is to a new blog!

1 comment:

Gram said...

I'm deeply touched reading your blog. I love that I can take the memories we've shared and unfold them whenever I want and they bring me smiles, laughter, pride, tenderness, and so much love. Its not the same, but it sure is sweet!