So... as many of you know The Dark Knight came to the theaters today. A lot of my friends saw the midnight showing this morning but I had to work at 7am so I made the responsible choice and waited to see it sometime this weekend. I didn't think I would see it tonight but I did. Adrienne, Mike and I loaded up in my car and was on our way to downtown Brea, one of the cutest little strip malls I have seen, and were planning on seeing Wall-E or something else because we didn't know that there would be tickets left or how long it would take to see the movie. You hear about these people spending the night in line or camping out and all that so I did not know what to expect.
We get up to the ticket booth at 5pm and ask the guy if there were any tickets left for the 5:10pm showing. He said "76 seats, so you will have to sit in the front." Thinking that the show about to start was going to be in ten minutes we opted for the 6:30pm showing instead. The line was already in formation with a few people waiting but we figured we could walk around and come back to the line. So the three of us went to Old Navy across the street and walked a few blocks then decided to get back in line because it was getting longer. We got in line at about 5:30pm and waiting until 6:10pm to get seated. Forty minutes in the hot sun with weird people next to us writing on the cement with crayons. Don't believe me? Look at the picture!
Kathy and Kaley were so excited that they needed to brand their names into the cement with colored wax. I thought that was a little weird. They probably thought I was the weird one taking a picture of it. :/ The point is, I felt like I was at Disneyland waiting in line for a hot new ride. The ending of this story was far better than a Disneyland ride though. Those forty minutes in the heat and twenty minutes of previews were well worth the wait. This movie was AMAZING. Not the amazing everyone was hoping for and thinking it was going to be but amazing in the sense of wow.... wow.... wow.... There was never a dull moment in this movie. Heath Ledger exceeded his expectations as did Christian Bale. The whole movie was greatly casted and written. I would recommended it to anyone who even thought about "maybe" seeing it. I knew it was going to be good but it was great! Don't wait for it to come out on video, go see it today! I should be getting paid for this endorsement. Overall, a good night with a couple of friends and unforgettable entertainment. Mike probably shouldn't look into the sun and smile... eyes are doubly squinted and Adrienne and I just look Asian.

Good times.

No comments:
Post a Comment