How can I not blog on 08/08/08 (I love days like these... I think of how whoever was born on August 8th, 2000 is going to be turning 8 on 8/8/08. That is awesome for that kid!). I know I am a little strange. Today is the kick off of the summer Beijing Olympics and I am super excited. I have always liked the summer Olympics more than the winter ones because I love watching the women's soccer team dominate and gymnastics is the coolest thing to watch. This year will be no different and I will be taping all the 2am soccer and softball games so I can watch them when I get home from work. The Olympics are an amazing event that brings all the countries together as one. Sounds sappy but I still like to believe that there is still good in the world.
Other than the Olympics starting up today, it has been exactly one year since my brother got bit by the black widow. For those of you who don't know the story... he got bit and was hospitalized for three days, needing muscle relaxants and vicodin constantly. That's the story in a nutshell. To celebrate, we are going to Soak City this afternoon. It should be fun, as long as we don't think about how much urine is passing by us in the greenish tinted water. You only live once right? Hopefully I even up my tan today but I am not expecting too much.

No comments:
Post a Comment