Today was the first day of my vacation with the fambam. Oddly, I took Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday off this week to spend time with la familia because all four of them are completely off this entire week. Good for them! So this whole week has been about day trips here and there and today we visited the Getty Museum. I was thrilled to be going because I wanted to compare the visit to the Art Museum in Chicago. There was a lot of similarities but The Getty was more beautiful on the outside than any museum I know. The architecture was amazing and the gardens were gorgeous. Every part of this "art" museum was truly, well art. The sculptures and paintings ranged from 100 A.D. to the 1800's. My favorite part of the whole trip was the pieces of furniture and mock rooms. I love seeing how much effort and beauty is put into something as simple as a side table. Furniture is not made the same way these days. We are happy with our choice of wood (maple, cherry, or oak). The Italians and French put their artistic flare into all pieces of furniture, silverware, rugs, and mirrors. It was beautiful.
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
The Getty
The kids on the top floor of the Getty.
The king of all day beds. Huge!
My dad would name this one, "After Jenny Craig."
The amazing artwork and architecture of The Getty. All floors and walls were marble.
Side swoop.
Down in Marina Del Rey (the view from our table).
I want this in my dining room. A chandelier from the late 1700's.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment