Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Absence

If I haven't written a blog in about a week or so it is in result of either one of these four things:

1. Midterms

2. Finals

3. Laziness

4. Super Busy

This past week was the first wave of midterms in the world of a CSUF psychology major. I had a midterm on Monday that included the topics of work motivation, job satisfaction and job stress. Industrial psychology is really interesting and you start looking at your own occupation and see these theories in action. Crazy how studying human behavior actually shows truth. Today, I had my learning and memory midterm. I studied a total of seven hours for this midterm because my professor literally scared all of his students by stating "if you come to lecture and understand everything I say then you will get a C, if you come to class and read the book you will get a B and if you are lucky and understand everything in the book and understand my lectures then you will get an A." That being said, I studied my booty off!! I was so particular of details and examples. Well, it paid off because by the time I got to my computers class later in the afternoon I looked online and the grades were posted. 96%! I still can not believe it and will not until I get the scantron and written part in my hands on Monday. Studying really pays off, go figure. I ended the night with power yoga and feel completely relaxed.

I will be going to Palm Springs this weekend, well for just one day. Mike and I are taking the trip out to visit my uncle Troy. I haven't seen him since Christmas and miss him dearly. Then, I will be going to the museum of tolerance on Sunday with Kristy and her family. Finally a purpose for my camera. I am hoping for some beautiful Los Angeles shots. Until next time (and hopefully with pictures!)...
<3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear all about your trip to Palm Springs. I went to the Museum of Tolerance when I was still living in CA. It was very emotional for me. I've always been interested in reading everything I can get my hands on about the Holacost and it made everything I had read that much more real and heartbreaking. The museum is about more than what happened in Germany but I have to say I was hit hardest by what happened there in the 40's. We still have snow here, send me some of those warm LA pics please!
love you bunches, gram